Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Going from the field to the office

Options
2»

Comments

• RayWohlfarth
    RayWohlfarth Member Posts: 1,491
    Options
    @bill_brooks I am the same. Wow small world. Good thing you are out of healthcare now. Those people are stressed about having to do more with less people and money. Thanks for reaching out. Hope you are doing well
    Ray Wohlfarth
    Boiler Lessons
  • RayWohlfarth
    Options
    @Jackmartin Thank You so much for the laughs this morning. I loved the herding cats metaphor. At one time, we had many techs and it was a nightmare for me. I felt like a babysitter. I would hear about their problems at home, their problems with coworkers, the problems with customers. They would all second guess how I ran the business. I am a happy puppy now with less people. I also was an introvert and it took a long time to become comfortable Fake it till you make it.
    Thanks Jack
    Ray Wohlfarth
    Boiler Lessons
  • RayWohlfarth
    Options
    @Canucker Good point. I did try reading a lot about the industry but that is never enough and I had to face the fact that some techs were smarter than me in certain aspects. Our industry is so broad and it is almost impossible to know everything. The hardest transition for me was to ask the techs which way they thought we should do something. I was used to going in and just doing it.
    Ray Wohlfarth
    Boiler Lessons
    Canucker