Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.
Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit

Corrugated pan behind radiator

Wondering if any of you know the purpose of this corrugated pan. It slips between the back of the radiator and the wall. It looks purpose built. The radiator side is corrugated to match the radiator columns and the wall side is flat. Outside of the pan is galvanized and the inside is extremely rusty. Several of these were found in my friends 1899 home in Bay City, Michigan - still running a single pipe system on an old Crane boiler. I thought maybe an inexpensive humidifier?
Hope the photo attachment works correctly.


Sign In or Register to comment.


It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!