Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

1 or 2 risers

Options
2»

Comments

• ChrisJ
    ChrisJ Member Posts: 15,706
    Options
    > @scott_block said:
    > 2 inch risers and 3 inch header on eg45

That's what I did and it's plenty.
    Single pipe quasi-vapor system. Typical operating pressure 0.14 - 0.43 oz. EcoSteam ES-20 Advanced Control for Residential Steam boilers. Rectorseal Steamaster water treatment
    scott_block
  • EBEBRATT-Ed
    EBEBRATT-Ed Member Posts: 15,544
    Options
    U got the right guy @JohnNY
    mattmia2Canucker
  • mattmia2
    mattmia2 Member Posts: 9,670
    Options
    Looks like you have the valves and ports to flush and skim everything and the vaporstat which would have been my comments here if you wanted it to last a long time.

Make sure the rest of the system is on good shape and it isn't losing water (which I'm assuming @JohnNY would have done).
  • scott_block
    scott_block Member Posts: 22
    Options
    @mattmia2 ill have to wait for colder weather to really test everything but no leaking pipes if that’s what you mean. The only thing running right now is the boiler is heating the indirect tank. The boiler room is getting a little warm and I turned the aquastat on the boiler tankless coil down to 145. I assume that I’ll have to turn up to 180 in the cold season and down to 145 in the warmer so the boiler isn’t trying to keep the water at 180 in the summer.

Do you guys have any other methods for that?
  • mattmia2
    mattmia2 Member Posts: 9,670
    Options
    Leaking pipes, vents that don't close, various piping and radiator issues that could pull water out because the condensate is getting trapped somewhere, leaking valves...
  • scott_block
    scott_block Member Posts: 22
    Options
    @mattmia2 they are going to balance the system in the fall and check those things when they can really run then whole system well.

For now I just need to get used to it and not sure how to handle the warm months and if I’ll just have to lower the aquastat for them and raise for the winter.

I feel like some people mentioned another way so the boiler doesn’t turn on to frequently I’m the warmer months for the indirect but can’t recall.