Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Leaking Rifeng

Options
ssk1256
ssk1256 Member Posts: 1
Hi all, my Rifeng manifold started leaking and I think it's just a gasket but not sure, and can' t find specs on the part. right where the manifold connects to the system between the manifold and the pressure gauge and the manifold. Any suggestions? would like to upload a pic but only get the option to upload from a url

Comments

• ssk1256
    ssk1256 Member Posts: 1
    Options
    My Rifeng manifold began to leak between the manifold and the pressure gauge (to the whole system not the pex) I think it's an o ring or gasket but can't find a description of the part.
    Any suggestions or insights?
  • hot_rod
    hot_rod Member Posts: 22,158
    Options
    If you can remove the threaded tailpiece, dry and clean it, use a Loctite thread sealer. 545 or 272 are what we factory assemble with.
    Those are usually BSP straight threads and either a gasket or glue is used to assemble them.
    Bob "hot rod" Rohr
    trainer for Caleffi NA
    Living the hydronic dream
  • GroundUp
    GroundUp Member Posts: 1,909
    Options
    Is there glycol in it? Those are sealed with a rubber gasket and if under tightened or over tightened can leak. That one looks like it could be tightened more. The union on the left side can be loosened a little bit, like 1/4 turn, then the joint in question can be tightened into the manifold some more without losing any fluid. Then you tighten up the union again and it's done. If that doesn't work, I'd replace the gasket. I don't have a part number for the gasket but you can buy an end plug with a gasket on it for a few bucks, #SSM301. That's a lot more involved though, taking it apart will likely require a messy wet floor and some flushing to bleed air.