Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.
Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.

Honeywell L7224 - Err 1 comes back after new sensor

Superlim9
Superlim9 Member Posts: 4
Hello All,

I woke up to a bit of a chilly house this morning. Inspection of the furnace yielded an err code "1" on the aquastat screen. I replaced the sensor and the furnace will start run for 5 sec and then the error comes back. can unplug the sensor and then plug it back in and 5 sec run again.

Just curious if I need to replace the entire unit.

Comments

• STEVEusaPA
    STEVEusaPA Member Posts: 4,916
    Maybe it's the plug in the aquastat itself. I assume the sensor is all the way in the well, making good contact.
    steve
  • Superlim9
    yeah you are correct all the way in and tight fitting. no corrosion in the well
  • HVACNUT
    HVACNUT Member Posts: 3,906
    You had an extra sensor just lying around?
    STEVEusaPA
  • Superlim9
    I have a FW Webb store next town over so I went and grabbed one
  • HVACNUT
    I've never had to replace the sensor on that aquastat. But since you replaced it and it's still showing E1, I'd assume the aquastat is bad.

On a last ditch effort, I would remove and check/clean the outer well surface.
  • Superlim9
    its a head scratcher... left the power off for 2 hrs while i was figuring stuff out and checking stuff. Turned it back on and went through the settings... and it started working... ordering a spare aquastat to have on hand now.. just in case
  • HVACNUT
    Looks like the Gremlins aren't in quarantine. 😈