Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Viessmann Vitorond 200 Issues

1075NH
1075NH Member Posts: 34
Hello all, I was wondering if anyone with a Viessmann boiler has any issues with fuses blowing or any other control issues?. I have a Vitorond 200 oil fired boiler that is original to my home (2003) and knock on wood has been great. But the other night i had no heat. Went to investigate and i saw a black smoke mark above the fuse holder on the control panel. The fuse was clearly blown but it melted the fuse holder altogether. I pulled the spade terminals and just put a standard 5 amp ATC fuse in and i have been back up and running with no issues for a week now. I just found it odd that such a major blow would happen out of the blue.

Comments

• Robert O'Brien
    Robert O'Brien Member Posts: 3,540
    Dekamatik or Vitotronic?
    To learn more about this professional, click here to visit their ad in Find A Contractor.
  • 1075NH
    Sorry, its the Vitotronic
  • GW
    GW Member Posts: 4,691
    That’s a bugger. I’d get a 3 amp popper fuse on there and then go through all the relays and see if you can get it to pop. It could be a wild fluke- maybe a surge went to the boiler circuit
    Gary Wilson
    Wilson Services, Inc
    Northampton, MA
    gary@wilsonph.com
  • HVACNUT
    HVACNUT Member Posts: 5,804
    If it melted the fuse holder with a 5A, then it probably originally had a 3A.
  • 1075NH
    I'm thinking it may have been a surge as well. The fuse was original and it's a 6 amp which is an odd size but thats what it calls for. I am going to wire in an ATC Fuse folder and get a 5 amp fuse for it. WAY easier to change and to find locally then the glass fuses. I also want to wire in a hard wire surge suppressor to the boiler. And now that i see how uncommon this unit is, i want to try and get a replacement control board and keep it on hand.