Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Mitsubishi Split System Controls Issues

Options
Hello,

I have a Mitsubishi mini split in my living room (800 sf) and the bedrooms are all ducted in the ceiling from a large blower unit.

There are two thermostats, one in the hallway near the bedrooms and another in the living room near the mini split.

This unit is supposed to allow me to connect to Kumo Cloud and control from my phone but I can’t figure out how to get it into pairing mode...

I’d install a Nest, but I think the unit only runs power to these thermostats (black/red wires) and not control wires...

I’m sure I need to provide more info, happy to do a bit of research if folks can tell me what I need to dig up.

Thanks in advance!

Comments

• SuperJ
    SuperJ Member Posts: 609
    edited February 2020
    Options
    Here is the manual, there is a bluetooth based setup process.
    http://meus1.mylinkdrive.com/files/kumocloud2_TechnicianOperationManual.pdf

More documentation:
    http://meus1.mylinkdrive.com/item/PAC-USWHS002-WF-2.html

If you want to use a nest, you'd have to purchase the thermostat interface adaptor. I'd recommend sticking with Mitsubishi controls, but depending on the unit upgrading to a controller with remote temperature sensing (rather than using the return air temp).
  • adubsizzle
    adubsizzle Member Posts: 4
    Options
    Thanks for the help! Those links - when followed - led me to an “access denied” screen. I was able to google the tech manual but not sure what the second document was that you sent and I’d like to read all the material I can get my hands on...

Good advice on the Nest... Just wasn’t sure if I could do the remote temp sensing. Do you have a recommendation?

I was also under the impression the thermostats were the temperature sensors, is that in fact false? The thermostats use return air temp? If that’s true... Is that return air sensor in the return duct?

Thanks again for your help.
  • GW
    GW Member Posts: 4,693
    Options
    What’s it doing? You can’t get 4 flashes ?
    Gary Wilson
    Wilson Services, Inc
    Northampton, MA
    gary@wilsonph.com
  • adubsizzle
    Options
    Hi Gary,

The tech never performed the original setup. So my Kumo app simply says “No equipment is connected. Ask your professional installer to complete setup.”

I just need help getting past that step. As @SuperJ mentioned above, I’m also very interested in the remote temperature sensors...
  • GW
    Options
    Ok you’re positive you have the Kumos installed? You may need to get to them and press the button for a minute or so. You need to see 4 blue flashes. I’m not sure what videos you may have seen. It’s easy once you’ve done it a few times
    Gary Wilson
    Wilson Services, Inc
    Northampton, MA
    gary@wilsonph.com
  • adubsizzle
    Options
    I guess I’m not positive... I’ll double check, where would you look for the Kumo on a mini split?
  • GW
    Options
    Tucked inside the indoor units, perhaps not gonna be easy. Have the installers come back and show you how to access them
    Gary Wilson
    Wilson Services, Inc
    Northampton, MA
    gary@wilsonph.com