Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Viessmann: power module/ pump control -- Question

TAG
TAG Member Posts: 756
edited February 2020 in THE MAIN WALL
Question: Can't the new 200 boilers just wire direct? Think I remember they at one time needed a power supply -- do they still?

Also -- is not the pump power module for when you have extra pumps? It was my understanding that the 200 powers direct ... primary and DHW circulators and secondary ...am I wrong?

My project turned into mess and my architect fired my builder -- it's taken me 2 years to get it restarted. I'm trying to use the Viessmann boiler and related parts already sourced and at the property. I'm not installing it -- just trying to understand so we can get estaminets. I am laying out the radiant floors .. again not doing the actual work.

Comments

• Alan (California Radiant) Forbes
    Alan (California Radiant) Forbes Member Posts: 4,170
    edited February 2020
    You're correct. The old Vitodens boilers needed a Power Pump Control Module to power the pumps. The new ones have outputs for primary, secondary and DHW pumps although in some cases, you may want to wire the secondary pump via the zone valve controller.
    8.33 lbs./gal. x 60 min./hr. x 20°ΔT = 10,000 BTU's/hour

Two btu per sq ft for degree difference for a slab
  • TAG
    edited February 2020
    That's what I thought ,,, Thanks - Allen. How about power to the unit (boiler itself) .... just a normal 120 feed .. correct?

My memory was the early ones were weird and needed some converter ..
  • GW
    GW Member Posts: 4,796
    Yes TAG get your torx drivers out. There’s two sections for wiring. The slide out tray and the large plastic housing (for lack of better words)
    Gary Wilson
    Wilson Services, Inc
    Northampton, MA
    gary@wilsonph.com
  • Yes, just like any other boiler: 120 VAC. Hard wired - no plug and on a dedicated breaker.
    8.33 lbs./gal. x 60 min./hr. x 20°ΔT = 10,000 BTU's/hour

Two btu per sq ft for degree difference for a slab
  • TAG
    Thanks .... I really appreciate.

My project is an old stone building from1870's with a new addition off the back. Spilt duel fuel (HP & Propane) system for the stone/ 3 mini split heads for the addition/ boiler for radiant throughout and DHW (indirect). I'm sort of going overboard a little with the heat and A/C ... but the place has very high ceilings and many levels -- I'm going to own it till they put me in a box. I want it comfy.

Anyway -- The new builder would like one pro to do it ... I just want it correct. If I have to pay a Viessmann pro to come in and program it -- that'e fine. I have done many Buderus w/ controls ... so reading the Viessmann literature I understand the theory .. Not sure about the programming until we attempt.

The recent installers have not done a Viessmann in along time ... I thought they were wrong about the power module