Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Rebuild kit for four inch valve

Snowmelt Member Posts: 1,387
I’m confused, I was just shipped the rebuild kit for the 4 inch steam zone valve, I don’t think I have everything but I could be wrong. I received
Steam packing kit
Plug steam
But I think there should be more to this?
Someone help.
For right now it’s wide open so when one zone is calling both zones get steam.
I want to zone it out the way the building was originally


    EBEBRATT-Ed Member Posts: 13,437
    Why not install a spool piece in it's place so you can keep running? Then put the valve on a bench for the rebuild you can clean it take it apart see what you need for parts
  • Snowmelt
    Snowmelt Member Posts: 1,387
    when you say a spool piece do you mean something like block plate or an end cap
    EBEBRATT-Ed Member Posts: 13,437
    spool piece is a piece of pipe with a flange on each end made the same distance face to face as the valve.

    Take the valve out bolt the spool piece in work on valve on the bench