Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Problems at Power Flame???

Options
We have been waiting 3 weeks now for replacement parts for a Power Flame burner. Are there problems at Power Flame? If this is typical, we are going to have to go elsewhere for bigger burners. We have a burnt blast tube in a 3 year old Peerless SC boiler... everything checks out on the burner ( combustion tested) but the boiler is cooking the blast tube and plate.
To learn more about this professional, click here to visit their ad in Find A Contractor.

Comments

• Big Ed_4
    Big Ed_4 Member Posts: 2,785
    edited January 2020
    Options
    Is there a chamber in the boiler ? Is the blast tube sticking into the fire box or is it flush with the front plate insulation ? If the blast tube is sticking past the front plate with a chamber , the hot chamber will reflect it's collective heat back to the exposed blast tube after burner shutdown ..

There was an error rendering this rich post.

B_Sloane
  • EBEBRATT-Ed
    EBEBRATT-Ed Member Posts: 15,543
    Options
    The bast tube sticking in the boiler must be protected as I am sure you know. Maybe you can shut down the burner and look around the blast tube with a mirror.

Power Flame probably has blast tubes in stock. It's usually faster to get one with the flange on the blast tube loose, you can weld it to the tube in the field.

I would call them directly
    B_Sloane
  • ScottSecor
    ScottSecor Member Posts: 856
    Options
    We have been purchasing Power Flame burners and parts for at least thirty years. They have never been known for "rushing" to build burners or shipping parts.

We do have a local dealer that (thankfully) carries most of the common parts. Please check your messages for contact information.
  • gfrbrookline
    gfrbrookline Member Posts: 753
    Options
    I had a powerflame for 10 years, every 2 to 3 years the igniter would burn out, it would take a week to get the part. After the second time I kept an extra igniter on hand in case is failed again, which it did. The boiler formed a leak after 10 years and replaced it with a Beckett burner that parts can easily be found.
  • gfrbrookline
    gfrbrookline Member Posts: 753
    Options
    I should also note that the Beckett burner has run flawlessly for five years, knock on wood.