Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.
Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.

If you've found help here, check back in to let us know how everything worked out.
It's a great way to thank those who helped you.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.

Wi fi thermostat

jackrutjackrut Posts: 2Member
I have a oil fired hot water baseboard system with two zone valves.
My current t star is only two wire and I can get a new three or four wire into the basement.
I purchased a Sensi t stat and can wire it at the t stat however how do I wire the c wire on the furnace.
Any help will be appreciated.
Thanks
Jack

Comments

• GWGW Posts: 3,530Member
    Most often there’s a C at the heating unit. If you post a pic of the control (where the stat wire connects to your system) you’ll get a fast answer
    Gary Wilson
    Wilson Services, Inc
    Northampton, MA
    www.wilsonph.com
    [email protected]
  • GWGW Posts: 3,530Member
    Ahh zone valves—- you have a transformer or a “control” like the Taco ZVC to power the zone valves? You must have a c somewhere to grab if you have zone valves
    Gary Wilson
    Wilson Services, Inc
    Northampton, MA
    www.wilsonph.com
    [email protected]
  • Big Ed_4Big Ed_4 Posts: 1,189Member
    The common would be where the two zone vale motors connect to the common of the transformer ... Before you start and add a common wire to the thermostat add a fuse to protect the power source , a 3 amp fuse would be fine . To spade terminals and a 3 amp car fuse would work fine
    I have enough experience to know , that I dont know it all
  • jackrutjackrut Posts: 2Member
    Thanks guys . I'll be back up at the house this week. i'll look for the C terminal at the furnace or zone value. Big Ed I'm assuming a 3 amp inline fuse holder will work on the new c line to the wi fi thermostat ?