Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Heat Exchanger

Are plate coolers used for cooling liquids such as milk on farming operations the same as a heat exchanger, or is there some sort of difference? It appears to be the same principal, but just out of curiosity is there something that separates the two?


  • hot_rod
    hot_rod Member Posts: 16,293
    about the same, it could be a different grade of stainless for food products?
    Bob "hot rod" Rohr
    trainer for Caleffi NA
    Living the hydronic dream
  • Jolly Bodger
    Jolly Bodger Member Posts: 209
    food product probably (should be) double walled.