Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Buderus GB142 Revision Set Air Vent

Options
Joe
Joe Member Posts: 12
The air vent on my Buderus GB142 is leaking. I just ordered it and wanted to ask if anyone has done this before and what should be done before switching it out. I was planning to shut everything down, close all of the valves to isolate as much as possible, and drain if needed to get the pressure down to zero.

I closed the valve last night and the locking ring was on the loose side as well. Pressure has been dropping the last few weeks and it seems to have held overnight.

I've struggled over the years to find a good reliable person to service the unit and have gotten pretty familiar with replacing things like the igniter, ion rod, blower, pressure sensor, and of course cleaning of the unit. I had a guy that was in Western MA (I'm near Boston) that I paid to travel and he was great, but he's gotten busy out his way and doesn't service my area any longer. If anyone knows someone experienced in my area please let me know, I have no desire to do this type of work! Until then, if anyone can guide me on this air vent replacement I would very much appreciate it!