Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.
Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit

Radiator Plug

Anyone have or know where to buy a 1-1/2" readiator plug, with a hex head (vs the square head you get everywhere)?


  • Long Beach EdLong Beach Ed Member Posts: 702
    I've used flush plugs (or flush seat plugs) that tighten with a special wrench. They are an inverted hex, not the hex design of the originals. They were used on the later radiators like Sun-Rads when the plugs had to be flush with the casting. I find them on ebay.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file


It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!