Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.


I was checking out the main venting in a job I had done but didn’t have access to other parts of the building..

Next to the main vents there was a T.. I was pretty stoked because I thought I may be able to utilize the T for some main venting.. as you can see they tapped into the worst spots for the vents.

So this Tee..

This tee was a 2x2x1/2 cast iron. The 1/2 side was not tapped all the way thru the tee. There was an internal cap inside the Tee.. on top of that 1/2 nipple there was a very wide cap type thing that was resting on wood. It was used to support the weight of the main.

The inside of the nipple was rusty so I thought maybe this nipple was just venting out steam but there no sign of water damage.

I stuck 1/4 copper down the nipple and it stopped at the Tee.

Have you guys seen one of these?

The tee had a ring cast into it where the 1/2 outlet was. Maybe some extra support?