Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.
Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.

If you've found help here, check back in to let us know how everything worked out.
It's a great way to thank those who helped you.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.

Nest Wiring to Aquastat

Hopefully this is simple to answer. I tried searching google and this forum, but I didn't get any results.

I have a Repco boiler with a Honeywell Aquastat.

It is a rental and I want to install a Nest E thermostat so I don't have to drive down each time I get a heating complaint.

According to the Honeywell manual, the Tv and T terminals go to the thermostat. It doesn't say necessarily which goes to R and W. Does it matter to Nest E which goes to which?

If I want to add a common wire, do I tap into the W or Z terminals on the Aquastat? I found one webpage alluding to that, but the information on that page didn't seem credible. If someone could confirm, or answer this question, that'll be great.

Thank you.

Comments

• HVACNUTHVACNUT Posts: 2,838Member
    edited November 2019
    W-Z is your common.
    TV is your 24v so switch the red and white wires so they correspond to R and W at the thermostat.
    Do you plan on running a new 3 conductor thermostat wire because I only see 2 wires?
  • dooododoodooododoo Posts: 19Member
    > @HVACNUT said:
    > W-Z is your common.
    > TV is your 24v so switch the red and white wires so they correspond to R and W at the thermostat.
    > Do you plan on running a new 3 conductor thermostat wire because I only see 2 wires?

Thank you for your help.

Yes, I’m going to replace the 2 conductor with a 3 conductor wire. Then it’s a matter of connecting it like this, correct?

Aquastat - wire - Nest
    Tv - red wire - R
    T - white wire - W
    W or Z - blue wire - C
  • HVACNUTHVACNUT Posts: 2,838Member
    That's all there is to it. Then the Nest will guide you through the promps.
    Nests also make nice hockey pucks.