Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Manifold Gurus: Identify ?

Options
TAG
TAG Member Posts: 755
edited November 2019 in THE MAIN WALL
Anybody know who makes the Warmboard manifolds and tubing?

Have the layouts from Warmboard for my build, may just order the two manifolds, actuators and AL PEX from them. They obviously don't make ... previously used Mr. PEX AL PEX before Warmboard supplied pipe. Also .. have an 1100sf area of plates and 3/8 tubing to do .. was going to use an Uponor Jr. 7 zone that I have sitting around with regular PEX for that.

Have not figured out exactly how I'm going to control the areas. Warmboard/ Slab/ Plates. The Slab and Plates are in dedicated areas that could be controlled with a single thermostat as an on and off situation. The Warmboard -- I am going to want to have more control -- so I want a decent manifold and actuator set up.

Comments

• hot_rod
    hot_rod Member Posts: 22,143
    Options
    looks a bit like Watts Radiant
    Bob "hot rod" Rohr
    trainer for Caleffi NA
    Living the hydronic dream
  • HomerJSmith
    HomerJSmith Member Posts: 2,441
    edited November 2019
    Options
    I think they are Rifeng manifolds and flow controls. That's a Chinese company. See Pex Universe online or search Rifeng.
  • TAG
    Options
    Boy -- it's a mess out there is manifold land. Price points all over the place ... seems like most of the long time manufactures have lines from China for cost reasons.

What to do?
    Hjlamonda
  • HomerJSmith
    Options
    Cutting a vein is not the thing to do.
  • GroundUp
    GroundUp Member Posts: 1,907
    Options
    Rifeng orientates their supply on the bottom, these appear to be Bluefin manifolds. Very similar if not the same parts, just the logs are flipped and Bluefin uses NPT drains while Rifeng uses hose thread. I've got hundreds of both out there with very positive reviews
  • HomerJSmith
    edited November 2019
    Options
    I think they are an earlier model of Rifeng before they squared off the "logs". I see two hoses on the manifold. Warmboard and Bluefin are not manufactures, but re-branders, I think. Rifeng is a manufacturer. New Rifeng manifold picture.

You can replace your return valves with new thermal actuators.
  • TAG
    Options
    Thanks: Even bought through Warmboard the manifolds are a good value vs some (many) others. With so many possibilities available today -- many with bad reviews ... I just want to get a decent setup w/o problems.
  • Solid_Fuel_Man
    Solid_Fuel_Man Member Posts: 2,646
    Options
    I've used the Watts brand stainless manifolds (German made) on several jobs now and have yet to see one leak out in the field. Cant say that for the old brass Wirsbo!
    Serving Northern Maine HVAC & Controls. I burn wood, it smells good!