Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Chamber Kit replacement

Options
leofox
leofox Member Posts: 1
I have a weil mclain gold and was told that the chamber kit would help elongate the boiler life given it has cracks in it. Do you think I need a second opinion. I see there is $100 kit on amazon selling. How should I proceed from here? Is there a risk to use with cracks in the chamber. When I open the front glass and see I could see a few on the back wall

Comments

• STEVEusaPA
    STEVEusaPA Member Posts: 6,506
    Options
    You should have a qualified tech do the replacement. If you don't install it properly, especially the door gasket, you will end up leaking products of combustion (and soot and CO) into your home.
    Gloves on, mask on. The whole area needs to be cleaned out, then properly installed. It's a good time to give the heat exchanger a good cleaning-from the top down and from the bottom up.
    After that, it needs to run to burn off and dry out the wet pack target wall (about 1/2 hour. The boiler needs to be set up with combustion equipment, as you will have a very high initial CO reading.
    There's no risk with some slight cracking, however, if the door or target wall are failing, or falling off, you'll get flame impingement, poor combustion, sooting, and nuisance lockouts.
    steve