Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Grundfos 14/42: Replacement -- information/ help

Options
TAG
TAG Member Posts: 755
edited November 2019 in THE MAIN WALL
Tenderfoot question ... When I did my first system back in 94 ... Buderus supplied Grundfos "brute" 14-42 pumps in a pretty blue to match the boiler. Did another systems a few years later.. same pump/ boiler -- each system needed 4 pumps. Three (3) for manifolds (panels/wood floor/tile) and one (1) DHW. I bought extras for service and ended up using a couple for small add-on systems ... really never gave it any thought.

It seems that when I look at systems today they have the 3 speed 15-58FC with the check valve ... it that because it a more flexible pump? It looks to have about the same ratings ?

Someone pointed me to the Alfa .. but that looks like a different animal and cost.

With a new system in the works and some of my pumps now over 20 years old ....was thinking of getting some extras when I order. Having a common /universal makes things easy . Also ....... Is the check valve removable?

The new system will have a manifold of 3/8 tubing running retrofitted plates.

Comments

• hot_rod
    hot_rod Member Posts: 22,158
    Options
    There is a great offering of ECM electronic circulators out there, I'd certainly look into that style. Rebates are available in some markets.

While they have a wide adjustment range, they need to be sized close to the application requirements.

Checks can be deleted is required.
    Bob "hot rod" Rohr
    trainer for Caleffi NA
    Living the hydronic dream