Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Please take a look at my build so far.

Options
JackW
JackW Member Posts: 236
I've finished up the return portion of my rebuild. The circulators and below are not soldered in yet in case I have to make a change. On the left side I plan on 45ing the two supply side circulators closer to the back panel, trying to eliminate 90 degree turns where I can.

I only plan on putting one shut-off above each circulator (as can be seen in the picture), will that be ok or should I isolate both supply and return side?

Any thoughts on distance between the air eliminator and the pressure tank? I'm gong to come off the bottom of the air eliminator a short way then tee off to the left for the pressure tank. I plan on the pressure tank going in the space above the left side manifold. I will put a fill valve between the air eliminator and the tee, then a drain valve at the bottom of a line straight down from the tee.

Are there any changes you guys see that I should make? All thoughts and suggestions greatly appreciated.
Thank you.

Comments

• STEVEusaPA
    STEVEusaPA Member Posts: 6,505
    Options
    You really should keep this all in one thread if you want people to follow along with your questions and changes.

There was an error rendering this rich post.

JackW
  • JackW
    Options
    Do you mean keeping under my original post?
  • STEVEusaPA
    STEVEusaPA Member Posts: 6,505
    edited November 2019
    Options

Is this the supply?

There was an error rendering this rich post.

JackW
  • JackW
    edited November 2019
    Options
    No it's the return. The supply will go to the right, up and over to the end where the two tee's are at. That's where I plan on mounting the two supply circulators.
  • unclejohn
    unclejohn Member Posts: 1,833
    Options
    You couldn't run iron pipe for the gas the whole way. Sheez. I take it there will be shut offs at the inlet of the supplt mani's if so shoud be ok if not I would put a shut of below the supply pumps.
    JackW
  • JackW
    edited November 2019
    Options
    I could but I had that line from my other setup so I used it. Yes there will be shut off at the supply side of all three circulators.