Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Masters test

mattyc
mattyc Member Posts: 44
need to learn lead wiping to take masters test in New York...curious if anyone offers any. classes...I haven’t found any yet

Comments

• mattmia2
    mattmia2 Member Posts: 10,348
    edited November 2019
    Look for videos of people doing lead bodywork, it is kind of the same process.
  • Intplm.
    Intplm. Member Posts: 2,129
    "How to do a lead wipe."

Try that one on you tube. It shows a plumber fitting a lead joint on a brass ferrule. Its a 30+ minute video. Pretty interesting.

I wish they didn't test for this. It is just simply foolish that this is part of anyone's testing requirement.
    Lead is a carcinogen. It's poisonous. The fumes, the small particles. IT'S LEAD!!! What is wrong with these people. No one uses lead like this any longer. If they do they are setting themselves up for some long term problems. This is a real and proven health issue.
    I graduated from trade school in the early nineteen eighties and they got rid of this stuff before I ever walked into the school because it is poison.
    I sure didn't have to test for this when I went for any of my licenses. Including my masters many years ago.
    mattmia2
  • mattyc
    mattyc Member Posts: 44
    I’ve actually seen that video on YouTube and it’s a good watch Just don’t want to spend the mo eh on the material and have to trash most of it when I mess it up on first try haha
    Intplm.
  • mattmia2
    mattmia2 Member Posts: 10,348
    the nice thing about lead is that you can re-heat it and move it around and re-do it
    Intplm.
  • Mercury is kind of fun too.
    8.33 lbs./gal. x 60 min./hr. x 20°ΔT = 10,000 BTU's/hour

Two btu per sq ft for degree difference for a slab
    mattmia2Intplm.