Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Ultra Boiler 230 version 3

Options
Ezra
Ezra Member Posts: 4
Running a Ultra 230 version 3 to an ErgoMax 32 gal for DHW and baseboard. There seems to be 2 sets of water temp sensors 1 set in field replace. Boiler indicates no in/out temp sensor attached, are these the in field or tube sensors? The issue I have is sometimes the unit show equal in16X and out 16X and will cycle on/off but stops while igniting. This will happen a few times then fires on and once Ergo is satisfied via aqua stat all is good. What I don't understand is the cycling when the temps are equal 16X? Finally, which water temp are the in field referenced as system supply/return of boiler in/out? thanks

Comments

• Ezra
    Options
    Ok, I see the pipe attached sensors are not installed which are the supply/return vs boiler. Would these interfere with the boiler in the config I referenced? The aqua stat = on/off? thanks
  • HVACNUT
    HVACNUT Member Posts: 5,841
    Options
    Both supply and return water temperature sensors are on the block. They sometimes crack from the heat or a loose wire connection. Or ohm them out.
  • Ezra
    Options
    HVACNUT, on the block as in attached to the boiler I assume, those are reading fine. The piping was redone a few months back and the pipe attached sensors are missing. I did order 2 of those and will reinstall. Would not having those interfere with the aqua stat setting (180) and the boiler hovering around 16X eventually satisfying 180? The unit powers the circ, cycles the boiler when it signals to fire click click its goes back to postpurge. Then back to prepurge and so on. Thanks