Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

District Heating 2

Options
This is the second part of district heating.

Here I can blow my horn. The final stage to this job was the modification of a National Pump and Control condensate vacuum pump set.

In so doing this condensate water will be sent back to the boiler plant. The failure rate of the DE- Este discharge pressure valves was caused by a solonoid valve and strainer that supplied water pressure to activate the normally closed valve.

Several conditions caused the solonoid valves to fail, 1. sewer backups in the basement 2. excessive transmitted to the coil that operated the solonoid valve.

The installation of Honywell's valve and normally closed modutrol motor allowed for the discharge valve to located out of the excessive heated location and above the sewage water level. One would think the umps would be destroyed but hear is what happened with them. Sewage water would cause the pumps to shut down as the circuit breakers would trip. Electricians would wash out the stator with clean water and dry out the motors with a hair dryer. But the discharge valve and modutrol motor were above the water line and needed no repair.

The HA awarded me $1000.00 for this suggestion.

I wrote a book on steam heating (Steam the Perfect Fluid for Heating and some of the Problems).
The book is available at Dan"s library, Barnes and noble, Amazon and Dorrance Publishing, Pittsburgh Pa.

Jacob Myron

Comments

• John Ruhnke
    John Ruhnke Member Posts: 882
    Options
    Jacob,

I just want to thank you for everything that you have done in your career. I am proud to be chatting with you. You have made some great contributions to society and we need more people like you.
    I am the walking Deadman
    Hydronics Designer
    Hydronics is the most comfortable and energy efficient HVAC system.
  • Randystephensusn20
    Options
    I am retired Navy and now work in district heating in Baltimore,Maryland. We run at 200 psi and have over 23 miles of piping and is an open loop system. It is good to be noticed and rewarded. Won't happen in my company. They don't listen to the guys that operate the plants. Suits always think they know it all.