Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.
Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit

American standard hot water boiler

I have an American Standard hot water boiler, model G28 DG Serial # 7b J6, Boiler has always worked great and today I decided to clean the burners. I discovered 1 of the 7 cast iron burners is cracked and separated. The break looks old but I am afraid to leave it. I hate to replace the whole unit. Would parts be available new or used. Or can I have one made out of steel. I have access to machine shop and weld shop. Thanks Dan, I can send pictures


  • Steamhead
    Steamhead Member Posts: 14,346
    Time for a new boiler. Where are you located?
    All Steamed Up, Inc.
    Steam, Vapor & Hot-Water Heating Specialists
    Oil & Gas Burner Service
    EBEBRATT-Ed Member Posts: 8,602

    Are you talking about a water leak from the boiler section? Or one of the CI burners?

    I have an American Standard and the gas burners are made from heavy CI. You can't buy a new burner , and you would be lucky to find one in a scrap yard.

    I would not hesitate to braze a crack in the burner, I wouldn't try welding long as it doesn't effect combustion.

    If it's the boiler section you need a new boiler
Sign In or Register to comment.


It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!