Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Heater not working? (Read)

Options
smithe
smithe Member Posts: 2
edited October 2019 in Gas Heating
Hello, my heater is not working, I have an ac/heating guy that is pretty good, however he is out of town for the next few months... he essentially told me some of the basics and I put them into practice to trouble shoot, let me explain my furnace first.

I have a ColemanDeluxe Blend Air II
Model Number: 7681-8171/B
I live in a mobile home and it is a compact one...

The fan blows as he just replaced it last year for me, fan is blowing strong, the igniter kicks on and flames go in the furnace, thermostat is working, just replaced batteries a month ago and working great, just checked air filter, they were a bit grimy so I cleaned them off and put back in, it is blowing outside air inside, and not sure why it is not heating? it is just constantly blowing then after about a minute or two it shuts off... I tried to take out the igniter thinking that was the problem and clean it off, unfortunately I have no steam wool and my car is in the shop for a new engine, so I am out of transportation, any ideas on what to do, or what the problem is. and if I am even on the right track lol...

NOTE: every year, something goes out in my heater and ac unit, they just nickle and dime me to death...

Comments

• John Ruhnke
    John Ruhnke Member Posts: 882
    Options
    Could be a temperature sensor in the flue or at the air intake into the burner. If the exhaust gas backs up that can be deadly and dump carbon monoxide into your mobile home. Could kill you. The sensors would shut the system down to save your life. Check outside to see if your chimney is plugged. If you can get proper flow again that might fix it. Or a sensor could fail too.
    I am the walking Deadman
    Hydronics Designer
    Hydronics is the most comfortable and energy efficient HVAC system.
  • smithe
    smithe Member Posts: 2
    Options
    I appriciate the advice, it is blowing semi warm/cold lukewarm air but normally it is a lot hotter then this, due to finally properly cleaning the sensor, still not enough to worm up the house, and constantly blowing for about 15 minutes before shut off, also I don't have a Chimney at least not one on the roof, is there somewhere else I should be looking?
  • John Ruhnke
    John Ruhnke Member Posts: 882
    Options
    You said
    "The fan blows as he just replaced it last year for me, fan is blowing strong, the igniter kicks on and flames go in the furnace"

"it is just constantly blowing then after about a minute or two it shuts off"

Sounds like the flame shuts off prematurely. There are safety sensors that will shut down the flame when they get too hot. You need an electric meter and diagnostic experience to find the right sensor that is causing the problem.

A blockage in flu gas can cause this problem but there are other reasons too. That is why I recommend checking the flu gas outlet. If plugged you will get a back up in flu gas and this gas will be hot and trigger a sensor. That might or might not be the problem. It is hard to diagnose a system like that without being there.

Here is a link to a sight that talks about trouble shooting your system.

https://www.mobilehomerepair.com/troubleshooting-colemans-blend-air-systems/

Good luck.
    I am the walking Deadman
    Hydronics Designer
    Hydronics is the most comfortable and energy efficient HVAC system.