Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

supply valve sizing - one pipe

In Lost Art, Dan says that often, the supply valve needs to be bigger than the incoming pipe because the valve has less internal free space. So how do you transition from one to the other? A reducer bushing? Is that a common thing to do? (Sorry in advance if this sounds like a dumb question, I'm just intellectually curious, but practically clueless.)


  • STEVEusaPA
    STEVEusaPA Member Posts: 6,506
    There are no dumb questions...
    Yes a bushing. Can't call it 'reducer' cuz it's also an 'increaser', depending on where you start and where you're going, right?