Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Energy kinetic system 2000

dov
dov Member Posts: 2
I went to a customer 2 weeks a go he has a energy kinetic system 2000. He said he has no hot water. I shut power and pushed red reset button on burner. It worked for 2 weeks came back did the same thing. Does anyone know what's causing this to happen. Please let me know. Thanks

Comments

• STEVEusaPA
    STEVEusaPA Member Posts: 6,506
    Probably nothing to do with it being an EK, and more likely just basic oil burner troubleshooting.
    You should never press the reset button if you aren’t a properly trained oil burner technician.
    Probably needs a cleaning and tune up, and check draft, smoke & combustion with proper skills and tools. Then you could start troubleshooting components.
    steve
  • dov
    dov Member Posts: 2
    Its gas burner
  • HVACNUT
    HVACNUT Member Posts: 5,804
    edited July 2019
    > @dov said:
    > Its gas burner

I was going to write that you should have posted in GAS HEATING rather than PLUMBING, but then I saw that wherever @STEVEusaPA wrote "oil", you simply replace it with "gas". Everything else applies. Bigly.
    Has the boiler been serviced and tuned annually? A power flame gas burner, or anything combustable is not to be fiddled with. He needs a pro.
  • brnrman1
    brnrman1 Member Posts: 32
    dov,
    We have an excellent team of troubleshooters to help you at Energy Kinetics. This works the best when you are at the job site and we can direct you on what steps to take. We are available from 8am to 5 pm M-F 800-323-2066.

"Mitch"
    Roger Mitchell
    Technical Service
    Energy Kinetics
    "Mitch"
    Roger Mitchell
    Senior Technical Representative
    Energy Kinetics
    Erin Holohan HaskellszwedjCanucker