Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Barnes & Jones “Super Trap” Cage Units

Is there a source for replacement Barnes & Jones “super trap” cage units?

I’ve hunted around a bit and the only thing I’ve been able to find is a Hercules-branded cage unit from State Supply. I think this is made by B&J, but I was surprised to not find any B&J-branded ones, or availability anywhere else.

@Sailah or anyone else, are these Super Traps still a thing? Or are they so good that replacement is rare?


  • Sailah
    Sailah Member Posts: 826
    Sorry for late reply. Yes they are still very much available. I don't work at Barnes & Jones anymore but was just there yesterday.

    You are likely best served by calling BJ and asking.

    As an FYI the PN is simply the normal cage unit PN but with "6" replacing the first number. So a BJ 1721 in SuperTrap variety is a 6721. Often you'll need a new cover if this is your first time replacing the cage unit with a SuperTrap as they are much taller and need height to fit in trap body. After that covers can be reused.
    Peter Owens
  • McSteamer22
    McSteamer22 Member Posts: 23
    This is the book you need, call Barnes and Jones and get one, it’s the Bible of cage units