Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.
Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.

If you've found help here, check back in to let us know how everything worked out.
It's a great way to thank those who helped you.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.

250 hp cleaver brooks

LewesLewes Posts: 1Member
I could use some help IDing a sensor 5428 003
The boiler cut on me the other day and the message on the water level master controller showed sensor 5428 003. I have looked through our books and on line I cant find anything on the sensor?
This set up uses a c/b hawk ics controller to control 3 250 hp c/b steam boilers. I am starting to think the issue might be in the hawk controller?
I did get the boiler to reset so it isn't a urgent issue
Tagged:

Comments

• ScottSecorScottSecor Posts: 260Member
    @Lewes we have worked on many CB boilers over the years, but I suspect you will have to reach out the manufacturer due to the proprietary Hawk control. There is a reason they use proprietary controls, I'm guessing it's so you have to have them do service.
  • EBEBRATT-EdEBEBRATT-Ed Posts: 5,918Member
    It's probably a probe type water level sensor. I would call your local C/B Rep.

You can try removing and cleaning the probe and check the wiring to the probe. It probably uses a ground return. With 3 boilers you need some spare sensors and other parts on hand
  • Mike_SheppardMike_Sheppard Posts: 551Member
    @Lewes

Get on Facebook and request to join our group “The Boiler Guy Says”

It is a commercial/industrial boiler group and we have a lot of knowledgeable guys with CB / Hawk, including reps and factory.
    Never stop learning.
  • Intplm.Intplm. Posts: 777Member
    Contacting Tech. support at Cleaver Brooks is your best bet. Try cleaning the probe(s) as @EBEBRATT-Ed mentioned too. Be sure to let Cleaver Brooks know what's going on before things get worse.