Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

250 hp cleaver brooks

Options
Lewes
Lewes Member Posts: 1
I could use some help IDing a sensor 5428 003
The boiler cut on me the other day and the message on the water level master controller showed sensor 5428 003. I have looked through our books and on line I cant find anything on the sensor?
This set up uses a c/b hawk ics controller to control 3 250 hp c/b steam boilers. I am starting to think the issue might be in the hawk controller?
I did get the boiler to reset so it isn't a urgent issue

Comments

• ScottSecor
    ScottSecor Member Posts: 856
    Options
    @Lewes we have worked on many CB boilers over the years, but I suspect you will have to reach out the manufacturer due to the proprietary Hawk control. There is a reason they use proprietary controls, I'm guessing it's so you have to have them do service.
  • EBEBRATT-Ed
    EBEBRATT-Ed Member Posts: 15,544
    Options
    It's probably a probe type water level sensor. I would call your local C/B Rep.

You can try removing and cleaning the probe and check the wiring to the probe. It probably uses a ground return. With 3 boilers you need some spare sensors and other parts on hand
  • Mike_Sheppard
    Mike_Sheppard Member Posts: 696
    Options
    @Lewes

Get on Facebook and request to join our group “The Boiler Guy Says”

It is a commercial/industrial boiler group and we have a lot of knowledgeable guys with CB / Hawk, including reps and factory.
    Never stop learning.
  • Intplm.
    Intplm. Member Posts: 1,967
    Options
    Contacting Tech. support at Cleaver Brooks is your best bet. Try cleaning the probe(s) as @EBEBRATT-Ed mentioned too. Be sure to let Cleaver Brooks know what's going on before things get worse.