Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.
Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.

If you've found help here, check back in to let us know how everything worked out.
It's a great way to thank those who helped you.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.

Taco zone valves leaking through the seal.

SmokySmoky Posts: 1Member
I have had 3 seal failures in 6 months on a G3 valve. It’s a pump and dump system. I was thinking of replacing them with a V075T2G22A024Q4A1 Taco valve. Will this solve my problem

Comments

• Please explain "pump and dump".
    Often wrong, never in doubt.

Click here to learn more about this contractor.
  • hot_rodhot_rod Posts: 11,468Member
    Maybe look at a ball valve type for pump and dump use. Here is an example of a Caleffi version 6442, we sell a lot for pump and dumps. Ball valves have a much higher flow (cv) and shutoff pressure rating. Most need power to open and close, they are not spring return. So a RIB relay needs to be added.

Pump and dump uses well water pumped thru the HP then dumped down another well, or drainage when allowed. Often the same well pump that supplies the home or building. The DNR watches and regulated this type of system around here. the concern is oils getting into the aquafier.
    Bob "hot rod" Rohr
    trainer for Caleffi NA
    The magic is in hydronics, and hydronics is in me
  • hot_rodhot_rod Posts: 11,468Member
    Maybe look at a ball valve type for pump and dump use. Here is an example of a Caleffi version 6442, we sell a lot for pump and dumps. Ball valves have a much higher flow (cv) and shutoff pressure rating. Most need power to open and close, they are not spring return. So a RIB relay needs to be added.

Pump and dump uses well water pumped thru the HP then dumped down another well, or drainage when allowed. Often the same well pump that supplies the home or building. The DNR watches and regulated this type of system around here. the concern is oils getting into the aquifer.
    Bob "hot rod" Rohr
    trainer for Caleffi NA
    The magic is in hydronics, and hydronics is in me
  • Dave H_2Dave H_2 Posts: 330Member
    @Smoky
    Yes the V075T2G22A024Q4A1 Geo-Sentry is a ball valve style zone valve. They are designed for a Geo system and with this motor, you do not need a RIB relay for it close. There are two on-board capacitors, one for opening the valve and one for closing the valve. The closing capacitor gets a trickle charge while the motor is in the open position.

Dave H
    Dave H