Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.
Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.

If you've found help here, check back in to let us know how everything worked out.
It's a great way to thank those who helped you.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.

Interesting heating, Manhattan

STEAM DOCTORSTEAM DOCTOR Posts: 909Member
Hi. Staying in Manhattan for next few days. Curious if there any interesting heating systems of note that are open to the public. Thanks

Comments

• STEAM DOCTORSTEAM DOCTOR Posts: 909Member
    Would love to tour some of these boiler rooms or heating systems.
  • SeanBeansSeanBeans Posts: 326Member
    If I were in Manhattan today...

I would go check out that mattress radiator at... the fish?

It’s in TLAOSH and I am going to see it when I visit in september
  • SeanBeansSeanBeans Posts: 326Member
    I would also go play pool at Steinway Billiards.. but that has nothing to do with heating 8)
  • Erin Holohan HaskellErin Holohan Haskell Posts: 1,117Member, Moderator, Administrator
    Come back for Wetstock and we'll show you the system at the General Society of Mechanics & Tradesmen.
    President
    HeatingHelp.com
  • STEAM DOCTORSTEAM DOCTOR Posts: 909Member
    @Erin Holohan Haskell. Unfortunately Wetstock won't work for me. I am staying in Manhattan for about a week. Spring break with family. Funny thing is that I live in Queens but almost never go into Manhatten. Would be nice if I could walk into general society and tell them that I am a Wallie and disciple of Professor Holohan.
  • Erin Holohan HaskellErin Holohan Haskell Posts: 1,117Member, Moderator, Administrator
    Sorry we'll miss you at Wetstock. Have a great time this week!
    President
    HeatingHelp.com