Hello everyone. I have a few questions about my Weil Mclain WMB-155c.
I had an issue a little while back, now resolved, and the technician stated it was piped incorrectly. He stated he's installed many WMBs and knew right away it was wrong. I've also realized that it's been short cycling and I'd would like to redo all the piping.
At this point, I would like to add a buddy boiler 18 or buddy boiler 30 gallon tank (not much price difference from one to the other I found).
Looking at their install instructions I have a few questions:
1. Would you pipe it exactly the way they have it?
2. Currently I have an Amtrol #30, would I have to increase it to a #90 for the added water volume?
3. Should the piping make a loop or can it be separated as seen in the picture?
4. Is it appropriate to add a dirt separator with a magnet on the return side of the boiler?
5. The WMB-155c already has a built in circulator. I called WM today to see if it requires an additional circulator or could I get away with using the internal circulator. I really didn't get a straight answer. Thoughts?
6. Since the boiler Buddy is piped with black pipe, can I use mostly all black pipe? I saw there are black pipe manifolds etc, that I think would work well.
Thank you all for your time.