Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Hot water randomly stops

Options
denop
denop Member Posts: 2
I have a Burnham boiler, a SuperStore water tank, a Taco 6 zone relay box, and 3 Taco circulators. 2 zones for baseboards and 1 for the SuperStore. Randomly, the hot water will stop. I have to shut the priority switch off in the relay box so I can get heat in the house. There is a very faint noise coming from the circulator, yet the pipe on the output side is not hot. The circulator is 1 year old. The Aquastat on the water tank is new. I've moved relays around in the relay box too. The thing that stumps me is the only way I can get the hot water to work if I shut power off to the system then flick it back on. Sometimes on the 1st try, sometimes the 2nd try, it will immediately start pushing hot water through. It could work fine for the day, or a week. Don't know where to go from here.

Comments

• SuperTech
    SuperTech Member Posts: 2,160
    Options
    It could be a bad capacitor on the circulator or the motor itself. Do you have a multimeter or any way to confirm that you are getting voltage to the motor?
  • denop
    denop Member Posts: 2
    Options
    If I shut power off so I can get to the wires for the circulator, then put the power back on, chances are it will read o.k. because that's how I get it to work anyway.
  • GBart
    GBart Member Posts: 746
    Options
    "Don't know where to go from here."

Call a pro and have it diagnosed, sounds like you have more than one problem, like bad wiring, bad board, turn off priority to get heat??? something isn't right