Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Rheem Error code pF. then 0f

collum
collum Member Posts: 2
My customer has a Rheem Platinum Performance Tankless water heater. Installation went smooth with no problems and has been running for about a month. Last night they experienced a power failure.. when the power came back on the display LED said 'pF'. which seems logical to mean power fail. Once reset, it displays '0f' or 'of', and turning it on/off, removing power does not clear that. I can't find reference to '0f' (or pF for that matter).

Does anyone know what this might mean? They'd really like to get their hot water back

thanks!

Comments

• Intplm.
    Intplm. Member Posts: 1,883
    I never had to call them. But have you tried Rheem customer service? 1-866-720-2076
  • collum
    collum Member Posts: 2
    yea.. called their tech support... none had ever heard of the codes I was seeing (pF, oN, oF) ... which to me is odd.. since I suspect a lot of people see the pF (power failure I assume, since it came up right after the power failed and was restored). They finally concluded (with no real troubleshooting), that it was a hardware problem, and I should return (even though the box says don't return to store you bought this at) to where I bought and get an exchange. I did that, and new one is working fine