Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

IBC rocks!

Options
delta T
delta T Member Posts: 884
Haven't had a chance to get an up close look at an IBC boiler until this past Monday, and I gotta say I am very impressed. I am going to put one in my shop this summer. I have heard a lot of you all talk about how good a product they are, just have never bit the bullet and tried one.

My local sales rep (Tyler with McCoy sales in Louisville, CO) was kind enough to actually drive a live fire demo boiler almost 2 hours (one way) to get to my shop and gave us a comprehensive demo of the SL series boiler and its features. LOVE these boilers, easy to use, easy to service, easy to install, lots of options, very excited to have another good condensing boiler to recommend to my customers!

BIG shout-out to Tyler, the world needs more reps like him!
kcoppTK500

Comments

• GroundUp
    GroundUp Member Posts: 1,907
    Options
    I've thrown in quite a few of the bigger commercial units and had a lot of problems with electronics down the road. I have been wanting to play with something of the HC 15-95 variety but they're just too cost prohibitive around here when the other guys are selling that Navien garbage for half the price, real tough sell. I do really like the design
  • STEVEusaPA
    STEVEusaPA Member Posts: 6,506
    Options
    No pictutres....?
    steve
    Canucker
  • delta T
    delta T Member Posts: 884
    Options
    No I didn't take pics sorry, too busy looking at the boiler!

What I will say is that that servicing the heat exchanger is very easy, the SL series comes wifi ready out of the box, has an altitude sensor on board. My rep did admit that they have had a few software glitches, mostly due to not having the latest update for the software. Fortunately with the wifi connectivity, this is not such an issue any more. Time will tell as always, but I was very impressed with the overall build quality. Once we get the boiler installed in the shop this summer, I will post some pics of that!
  • TK500
    TK500 Member Posts: 2
    Options
    I would like to add that no boiler manufacturer is perfect. We pride ourselves in customer service and innovative design. If you do have a problem you should not hesitate to call and get some help. Thanks Ken and Sean for making time for me to give you the low down.
  • invermont
    invermont Member Posts: 73
    Options
    I have an hc series in my house. I’m a home owner who nursed another brand for years before getting an IBC. When I had my boiler replaced i was shocked that the installer said he was going to use that brand. I didn’t know it was even available in this area. I’ve been following this forum for a couple years and had heard good things about them, Mostly from Kcopp who installs and maintains them in in NH I believe. Did research on them and liked what I saw. Only have had mine for a year, but so far so good.
    kcoppdelta T