Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Pricing Is Perception

Options
HeatingHelp
HeatingHelp Administrator Posts: 638
edited February 2019 in THE MAIN WALL

Pricing Is Perception

We all had a great day and they all felt they had gotten a terrific deal. Who doesn’t like a terrific deal?

Read the full story here

Comments

• CanadaKeith
    CanadaKeith Member Posts: 12
    Options
    A great laugh with a serious message. I also have a policy of never coming down in price, partly because in my business of home inspection there simply sin't time for the negotiation, but also because as soon as discounting starts it becomes a downwards spiral. Sometimes not easy to convince a client they are simply hiring the best, but by now my customer base seems to know to not ask for price reductions.
    Rich_49
  • DanHolohan
    DanHolohan Member, Moderator, Administrator Posts: 16,530
    Options
    Yes. Value always wins.
    Retired and loving it.
  • Paul Pollets
    Paul Pollets Member Posts: 3,656
    Options
    This is a great story and has so much relevance for those who sell heating systems. As one of the more expensive heating contractors, I was often branded as "too expensive". I learned early that it was a matter of perception. You taught me that it's better to be more expensive than cutting corners and doing what would compromise a quality installation. I still scratch my head when I see wealthy consumers choose a cheaper system because "it costs less". But that's the way the world works sometimes. I could tell war stories all day long about how the rich and famous had me re-do their systems because they didn't work properly. Many of those systems I bid on 10-20 years ago and lost due to higher pricing. Ahhh, perception.
  • Erin Holohan Haskell
    Erin Holohan Haskell Member, Moderator, Administrator Posts: 2,304
    Options

President
    HeatingHelp.com

Paul Pollets
  • DanHolohan
    DanHolohan Member, Moderator, Administrator Posts: 16,530
    Options
    @Paul Pollets, I had you very much in mind while writing that one. Thanks for setting the standard for so many years
    Retired and loving it.
    Erin Holohan Haskell