Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Condensing combi boiler what one would you put in your house.

Options
bob eck
bob eck Member Posts: 930
If you were installing a natural gas condensing gas combi boiler in your house what brand would you use and why?

Comments

• Paul Pollets
    Paul Pollets Member Posts: 3,656
    Options
    I'd be using the Viessmann 222F cabinet model. It has a 28g internal stainless tank and can satisfy DHW up to 3 baths if no soaking tubs are installed. The efficiency and built in controls makes it easy to program and the boiler is easy to service.
  • Alan (California Radiant) Forbes
    Options
    Ditto on the Viessmann. We've installed two of them and they have been flawless. Extremely well-built; quality materials.
    My only objection is their packaging. They come strapped to a pallet with only cardboard around the unit, so they are prone to damage. I would prefer them surrounded by a wood frame like Viessmann does for their indirect water heaters.
    8.33 lbs./gal. x 60 min./hr. x 20°ΔT = 10,000 BTU's/hour

Two btu per sq ft for degree difference for a slab
  • Le John
    Le John Member Posts: 226
    Options
    reminds me of a Laars Endurance only larger. Looks like a quality built piece of machinery and the B2TB-35 can produce a lot of hot water. I'd love to see one in operation.
  • Robert O'Brien
    Robert O'Brien Member Posts: 3,541
    Options
    Viessmann also. Would opt for indirect over Combi though
    To learn more about this professional, click here to visit their ad in Find A Contractor.
    BrewbeerHVACNUT
  • DavidMarasow
    DavidMarasow Member Posts: 16
    Options
    Navien - parts are cheap. service is the best in the business. does the same or more then all others do...you can have a parts box on site.. they overnight you the part...east to work on...
    JUST MAKE SURE ITS INSTALLED RIGHT.... i have over 40 of them for on the 3rd winter...every issue so far was bad install, or bad water quality.... maybe 1 issue...
  • Gordy
    Gordy Member Posts: 9,546
    Options
    You want to make sure any boiler, or combi is installed, and sized correctly........

Parts are cheap says much about the boiler.
    Rich_49
  • DZoro
    DZoro Member Posts: 1,048
    Options
    Have been installing the Lochinvar Noble boiler since it came out. Can't say enough about it. Easy set up, easy access to components, stainless fire tube design. 10-1 turn down, can set heating load to match your house load, good warranty and customer service.
    D
  • hot_rod
    hot_rod Member Posts: 22,131
    Options
    What is you price range?

I have both the Lochinvar Cadet and Nobel at my place. Both have been trouble free, and perform as advertised. Parts, training and support are very good for this brand.

ALL brands will need service both on the boiler and water side, that is the key to long life and top performance.

Here is a HX from a V boiler that was seeing a drop in DHW performance in the first year, new installation, new piping etc.

After sensors, control board, flushing the DHW side, same problem.

Turns out the boiler side of the HX was fouled. I think in an effort to keep these Combis affordable, all brands, they squeeze the HX size, maybe making them more prone to fouling. On both sides.

Good news it is fairly easy to disassemble these with O ring connections.
    Bob "hot rod" Rohr
    trainer for Caleffi NA
    Living the hydronic dream