Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Hydrolevel 3250 plus issue

ryan1693
ryan1693 Member Posts: 14
Hello all I recently installed a Biasi b105 oil fired boiler with a riello burner i installed the hydrolevel 3250+ also with the ODR I tried making it a cold start by shutting off the LO setting but it wouldnt fire when there was a call for heat I than tried making it a warm start i set the low setting to 110 and the HI at 185 it will only fire to the LO setting and than shut down. It has 3 zones 2 heating and 1 indirect, Ive turned the Eco off and unplugged the ODR and it still wont either cold start or when made for warm start will only fire to the LO setting. I'm at a loss as what it could be I've called Hydrolevel and emailed them I'm waiting to hear back from them in the meantime I posted here to see if any of tbe experts have had this situation before and what was the fix

Comments

• SuperTech
    SuperTech Member Posts: 2,139
    Is the warm weather shutdown being used? If it is check the setting.
  • Jellis
    Jellis Member Posts: 228
    pictures of your setup would be helpful to answer some basic questions and go from there.
  • ryan1693
    SuperTech said:

Is the warm weather shutdown being used? If it is check the setting.

No its not thats part of the ODR which i disconnected
  • ryan1693
    Jellis said:

pictures of your setup would be helpful to answer some basic questions and go from there.

• Jellis
    Jellis Member Posts: 228
    looks like your red light is on, indicating low water, This control is capable of operating as a low water cutoff as well as aquastat.
    You can disable the LWCO feature but you should do so ONLY IF YOU HAVE ANOTHER LWCO in your system.
    There is a troubleshooting section in the install manual for the control that is pretty helpful.

When used to replace older temperature-only controls, the HydroStat can be installed on the existing well. (The Hydrolevel
    Electro-Well is required to activate low water cut-off operation – see page 2 for details). Older wells may contain hardened heat
    transfer grease or other contaminants that could interfere with metal-to-metal continuity between the sensor head and the inside
    of the well. Insufficient contact could lead to false low water conditions and burner shut downs. Setting the well type to Standard
    Well prevents the possibility of this occurring.
    To change the well type
    1. Turn the LO TEMP dial to access the Program Mode – indicated in the display as Pro
    2. Turn the HI TEMP dial to select feature 8
    3. Push the Test/Settings Button to select A for Electro-Well or b for Standard Well.
    ryan1693SuperTech
  • Keith M
    Keith M Member Posts: 78
    What happens if you disconnect wires from TT and put a jumper across TT?
    Is there a constant call for the indirect heater?
    What is your zone/indirect switch set to?
  • STEVEusaPA
    STEVEusaPA Member Posts: 6,506
    edited February 2019
    Where is the well sensor, and where are the wires coming out of the immersion well? I'm assuming the control is not mounted onto the immersion well
    steve
  • CTOilHeat
    CTOilHeat Member Posts: 56
    There is no call for heat at the Hydrolevel. At least not in the pic you show here. When there is a call for heat the indicator light located at the bottom of the 3 in your pic would be lit.
  • HVACNUT
    HVACNUT Member Posts: 5,804
    We'd probably have to know or see what else is tied in. Theres a couple ways to wire it when using an indirect.
  • ryan1693
    Jellis said:

looks like your red light is on, indicating low water, This control is capable of operating as a low water cutoff as well as aquastat.
    You can disable the LWCO feature but you should do so ONLY IF YOU HAVE ANOTHER LWCO in your system.
    There is a troubleshooting section in the install manual for the control that is pretty helpful.

When used to replace older temperature-only controls, the HydroStat can be installed on the existing well. (The Hydrolevel
    Electro-Well is required to activate low water cut-off operation – see page 2 for details). Older wells may contain hardened heat
    transfer grease or other contaminants that could interfere with metal-to-metal continuity between the sensor head and the inside
    of the well. Insufficient contact could lead to false low water conditions and burner shut downs. Setting the well type to Standard
    Well prevents the possibility of this occurring.
    To change the well type
    1. Turn the LO TEMP dial to access the Program Mode – indicated in the display as Pro
    2. Turn the HI TEMP dial to select feature 8
    3. Push the Test/Settings Button to select A for Electro-Well or b for Standard Well.

Thats just the way the pic looks its green everything with the LWCO is good
  • ryan1693

Where is the well sensor, and where are the wires coming out of the immersion well? I'm assuming the control is not mounted onto the immersion well

The immersion well is in the back the plug connector in top right is LWCO
  • ryan1693
    Keith M said:

What happens if you disconnect wires from TT and put a jumper across TT?
    Is there a constant call for the indirect heater?
    What is your zone/indirect switch set to?

That i will be doing my next day off the TT is going to a taco 4 zone valve controller. The switch is set to Indirect priority hw
  • ryan1693
    CTOilHeat said:

There is no call for heat at the Hydrolevel. At least not in the pic you show here. When there is a call for heat the indicator light located at the bottom of the 3 in your pic would be lit.

Yes in the pic there is no call but when there is it will fire to lo setting and shut down
  • HVACNUT
    HVACNUT Member Posts: 5,804
    Is TT on the Hydrostat connected to XX isolated end switch on the zone board?
    Domestic is set for priority on the zone board and the switch is set to "I" on the Hydrostat?
    Did you make the splice in parallel hot from the indirect circulator to ZR on the on the Hydrostat?
    Cant tell if the jumper is removed on the top right. It should be removed.
    Is the red wire in the Hydrostat connected to C2? Why?
    SuperTech
  • ryan1693
    HVACNUT said:

Is TT on the Hydrostat connected to XX isolated end switch on the zone board?

Domestic is set for priority on the zone board and the switch is set to "I" on the Hydrostat?

Did you make the splice in parallel hot from the indirect circulator to ZR on the on the Hydrostat?

Cant tell if the jumper is removed on the top right. It should be removed.

Is the red wire in the Hydrostat connected to C2?

Yes the TT goes to the end switch Dom is set to priorty, jumper is removed and the Red wire isnt going to C2 just looks like it. Ive put the ODR back on and set the eco to 1. I calculated my usage shes burning 3 gals a day i guess that is good probably not going to get it much lower than that my old weil mclain was burning close to 6 gal a day i set the LO to 130 and the HI 185. Thanks for all your help much appreciated