Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Replacement Furnace

Options
mrjester12
mrjester12 Member Posts: 1
Hey all, I'm new here. So, long story short I do maintenance on a small amount of rental properties in my spare time. I have a job and it's not HVAC. I'm no pro by any means, but all these rentals have older Beckett AF style oil burners in them for forced air. The town is very very rural and getting a tech out here can be quite difficult. So I've been forced to do some small repairs on these things myself just to restore heat for tenants. Nothing more then filter changes, blower motor replacements, primary control replacements, and I've replaced a few CAD cells over the last couple years, as well as bleeding air out of the lines when people run them out of fuel. However one is giving me signs that the heat exchanger is leaking. I've obviously removed this thing from service and we called some pros. I'm no pro but I know the dangers of carbon monoxide. Anyhow, these "pros" by the way, the only ones we could get here on short notice tell me replacing the furnace with a new oil burner is not something they will do, they want to replace it with a propane furnace. Neither the person in the house or the owner wants that. Oil is what they want. They said getting the new furnace will prove quite difficult and some Google searches seem to be proving that. My question is: is it really that hard to get a front flue, highboy, downflow oil burning furnace? I can't find any online. I can find tons of upflow, but no downflow. And no I'm not planning to install it myself. I believe it should be done by a licensed and experienced individual.

Comments

• DZoro
    DZoro Member Posts: 1,048
    Options
    Thermo Pride makes a counter flow oil furnace.
    D
    STEVEusaPANRGmax