Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

What's a good inexpensive Combustion analyzer CO, CO2, ...

Options
Leonard
Leonard Member Posts: 903
edited February 2019 in Oil Heating
Application is oil furnace air/fuel ratio tune up.
It's not going to get a lot of use. so would like one that doesn't need to be recalibrated frequently.

Had the old plastic dumbbell type with red liquid but it cracked.

Comments

• EBEBRATT-Ed
    EBEBRATT-Ed Member Posts: 15,540
    Options
    Digital is probably the best way to go. But "Westwood Products" has the old wet kits in their catalog. Don't know the cost. I am sure your oil burner supply house could get you a price
  • ChrisJ
    ChrisJ Member Posts: 15,705
    Options
    Someone once told me the wet kits were similar to using a clock without a minute hand.

At that point I decided I couldn't afford a decent combustion analyzer and looked into renting one.
    Single pipe quasi-vapor system. Typical operating pressure 0.14 - 0.43 oz. EcoSteam ES-20 Advanced Control for Residential Steam boilers. Rectorseal Steamaster water treatment
  • JimRafferty
    JimRafferty Member Posts: 21
    Options
    Hey Leonard,
    For everyday use, there are several excellent digital instruments out there. But most use some type of O2 sensor which must be replaced periodically.
    The O2 sensors are not inexpensive and typically have a 2 year warranty from date of manufacture. In other words, they have a finite 2 year service life whether in use, in the case or on the shelf.
    In addition most manufacturers recommend or require periodic factory calibration. Maybe not the best choice for an occasional use situation.
    For occasional use, the good old wet kit may be the way to go.
    Kinda Flintstone by today’s digital standards, but retro is Cool!
    Best..