Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

"counterfeit" McQuay unit heaters by Westinghouse

norfitz
norfitz Member Posts: 54
Surveyed a job that had a gymnasium filled with 50's-60's vintage "McQuay" HH62 unit heaters, and McQuay (Daikin now) says this is not their model #, but that Westinghouse for a time either made unit heaters and independently labeled them McQuay, or just bought McQuays and stamped their own model #'s on them. Does anyone out there have catalog on these faux McQuay unit heaters? I can't assume an HH62 is 62MBH, it looks too big to be so. Thanks for reading the post.

Comments

• EBEBRATT-Ed
    EBEBRATT-Ed Member Posts: 15,452
    Don't know, but I can tell you this. I have seen some Westinghouse equipment. If they sold it it's built like a tank and will last a long time.

If you have one that still works, disconnect the condensate line (after shutting it down of course)

Run the condensate into a barrel and measure how much condensate you get after turning it on and letting it warm up

Example: 5 min run time &you get 5 gallons of condensate. 5min goes into 60 min 12 times so

5 gal x 12=60 gallons of condensate /hour 60 gallons X 8.33lbs/gallon = about 520 pounds /hour

520 pounds X 1000btu/ pound =520,000btu/hour