Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

The dead men that put these in

Options
Dale_3
Dale_3 Member Posts: 58
were STRONG. These are a good 10' off the floor. Saw these today and had to share. Most of these are still working fine.
Erin Holohan Haskell1927steammTinman

Comments

• EBEBRATT-Ed
    EBEBRATT-Ed Member Posts: 15,546
    Options
    And they had to work at it. Most jobs in the old days progress was at a slower pace, they didn't have the tools we have. Noew, progress is slowed by overregulation.

They didn't have sawzalls, battery tools, sissors lifts, chain falls

they used hand saws & cutters, cold chisel hammer and star drills. block & tackle and rope, scaffolding built from wood
    adasilva1927steammTinman
  • scott w.
    scott w. Member Posts: 207
    Options
    I have about 4 or 5 sections of those in my 1928 era house with hot water heat. Garage is under the house and a 14ft ceiling.
    Lots of hard work installing that stuff.
  • Gordy
    Gordy Member Posts: 9,546
    Options

And they had to work at it. Most jobs in the old days progress was at a slower pace, they didn't have the tools we have. Noew, progress is slowed by overregulation.

They didn't have sawzalls, battery tools, sissors lifts, chain falls

they used hand saws & cutters, cold chisel hammer and star drills. block & tackle and rope, scaffolding built from wood

I’m quite sure they had a few extra hands also. Today with the cost of labor the tools to cut down on number of men, and labor pay for themselves in no time.
  • tkos115
    tkos115 Member Posts: 94
    Options
    Imagine what pipe and vent size they would have needed if that was a 1 pipe.