Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.
Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.

If you've found help here, check back in to let us know how everything worked out.
It's a great way to thank those who helped you.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.

Weil McLain Won’t Ignite

kesowulkesowul Posts: 1Member
edited January 22 in Gas Heating
I have a 10ish year ole Weil McLain boiler - model 1107-1 that is giving me issues with igniting. The startup process seems to go well and a spark is initiated, but the boiler fails to light. I’ve included a photo of the unit. The top “flame” light on the control board flashes when attempting to ignite. I have cleaned the boiler and checked/cleaned the igniter rod, but that’s as far as I’ve gotten. Any addition insight would be appreciated!

Comments

• HVACNUTHVACNUT Posts: 2,520Member
    Theres obviously 24v to the pilot valve. Is there 24v to the main valve?
    Gas pressure? Lockup and manifold.
  • DZoroDZoro Posts: 879Member
    Clean the pilot tube/assembly.
  • JohnNYJohnNY Posts: 2,361Member
    Practically speaking: spark + gas = ignition.
    If you see the spark and know it's there, check the gas.
    For installations, troubleshooting, and private consulting services, find John "JohnNY" Cataneo here at :
    "72°F Mechanical, LLC"
    Or email John at [email protected]
    John is the Boilers and Hydronic Heating Systems Course Instructor at NYC's Mechanics Institute, a professional Master Plumber, licensed by The Department of Buildings of The City of New York, and works extensively in NYC while consulting for clients in and out of state.
    John also oversees mechanical installations and maintenance for metro-area clients with his family's company, Gateway Plumbing and Heating along with his brother/business partner.
  • unclejohnunclejohn Posts: 1,420Member
    Is that the pilot only burning in the photo ? If so did you try cleaning the flame sensor as well as the igniter rod. Also check your ground wire make sure it,s tight.
  • JUGHNEJUGHNE Posts: 6,011Member
    Could be low gas pressure from the utility....might be OK now??