Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Outlet Sensor Short

Options
Holder
Holder Member Posts: 15
I have a NTI Vmax boiler, tonight the CH stopped working. The flame goes on and the temperature right away shoots up to 230 so it shuts down immediately. It's giving me error code 80 which corresponds to a short in the outlet sensor.
The interesting thing is that when the indirect DHW calls it works perfectly and holds the temperature at 180. My question is, if this is really a sensor short, then how is the DHW working correctly?

Comments

• Holder
    Options
    It seems like the CH hot water is being stopped at the spirovent. How do fix that?
  • DZoro
    DZoro Member Posts: 1,048
    Options
    Could be air bound or system pump/s not working. Not sure if your boiler has a 3 way zone valve inside. If the water temp is actually going up to 230 sensor is working fine.
    D
  • Holder
    Options
    Thanks @DZoro , seems like the circlator wasn't working. I kept the CH off all night plumber came in the morning and fiddeled with the pump, moved it up to speed 3 and it started working. Now the system is working. What could this problem be?
  • DZoro
    DZoro Member Posts: 1,048
    Options
    Bad wire/connection, or pump motor windings, or sludge/dirt in pump. Pictures of the system can help and more info about the system.
    D
  • Holder
    edited January 2019
    Options
    He just unscrewd it and stuck his screwdriver in , then turned up the speed and it started working.
    The circulator is at the return. The system has 2 additional pumps for 2 CH zones.