Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Water level

Options
SeanBeans
SeanBeans Member Posts: 520
A few weeks ago I went to an apartment building that the super complained was being too noisy.

I walked in and immediately noticed water gurgling from the rad In the lobby.

Turns out the system was filled well up into the 1st floor. After draining what seemed to be at least 40-50 gallons of water i disconnected the water feeder (zone valves seem to be popular here in Denver for this...)

The zone valve wasn’t leaking past so I disassembled the McDonnell 67 and cleaned around chamber and float.

Everything worked fine after that while I was there.

I was thinking about the job so I sent the super a text yesterday afternoon asking if the water level had stayed the same since I had left.

He responded saying that he was debating calling me back. he said that the water level had been 1 inch above what he has considered normal..

What’s happening?
Could the float be getting stuck again, was the crud that I cleaned out keeping the water level one inch below what is it now?

I won’t have to go back unless he calls the office but it would be nice if I could know what would cause this..

TIA!

Comments

• lchmb
    lchmb Member Posts: 2,997
    Options
    sounds like some water returned to the boiler after you were done and he's not losing anything.. which is excellent..