Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Taco 219 swetchek problem and possible internals swap

Options
286merc
286merc Member Posts: 2
The one installed about 25 years ago appears stuck open allowing gravity flow. The Taco circulator is OK

Can this be adjusted up and down to possibly free up?

If not can I swap internals with a new one and save the hassle of soldering in a very tight spot?

Comments

• HVACNUT
    HVACNUT Member Posts: 5,841
    Options
    You can back it out and try to "bounce" it. Circ on and off. Then tighten it back.
    Or get a new one and just replace the insert.
  • Joe Mattiello
    Joe Mattiello Member Posts: 707
    Options
    Hi 286merc
    the 219 check valve replacement valve seat assembly part number is 219-230RP. Did anything in the system change; Pump perhaps? 219 check is a weighted check, and usually lasts forever. You might have system debris in the check valve hindering seat assembly from stopping flow. if that is the case, isolate the valve, remove the top portion of the valve seat assembly which is all one piece, and clean out the cavity of system debris. Reassemble and it should be fine. of course this provides an opportunity to inspect the seat assembly for corrosion or damage too. For additional questions troubleshooting the problem, please give Taco tech support a call at 401-261-4890. please let me know what the issue was. thanks
    Joe Mattiello
    N. E. Regional Manger, Commercial Products
    Taco Comfort Solutions
    Erin Holohan HaskellHVACNUT
  • 286merc
    286merc Member Posts: 2
    Options
    Thanks for all that Joe. We recently had the well pump replaced and I flushed the 100 gallon holding tank several times to remove sediment plus replaced the whole house filter. I guess I missed something such as flushing the boiler also.

I'll follow up your suggestions in a few days after this blizzard passes.

On a side note is there any GOOD/SAFE additive to clean the boiler? It is a 12 year old Hydrotherm 3 section PB-105W. The water here in NH is semi hard.
  • hot_rod
    hot_rod Member Posts: 22,158
    Options
    A kit like this from Rhomar is a good option, a cleaner, flush, refill and add conditioner.

Semi hard water? Nothing over 7-10 gpg for boilers, even with a conditioner.
    Bob "hot rod" Rohr
    trainer for Caleffi NA
    Living the hydronic dream