Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

CycleGuard preventing heating cycle

Options
rjy55
rjy55 Member Posts: 1
I searched this forum for my particular problem but have not found an exact answer. Hoping you guys can help me find a quick solution to get heat back in my house!

Problem: My steam furnace is only working for 15 minutes after power cycling it. It then shuts down and does not come back on regardless of CFH. If I cut power and turn back on, it kicks in again. There were no error messages but there was a light on my LWCO. Intermittent Level Test (ILT). This is that annoying "feature" on CycleGaurd units that turns off the burner every 15 minutes for 90 seconds to ensure water level is accurate. The ILT on my unit starts at 15 minutes but never ends (the light remains on). This means the burner never kicks on again! There is some moisture damage in the unit so I assume this is the root cause of the issue. It looks like some steam was leaking through the probe.

I will be getting a new one installed but it is currently 20 degrees in NH and I need heat! Is there anything I can do to temporarily turn off this ILT "feature" that is preventing me from heating my house?