Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.
Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.

If you've found help here, check back in to let us know how everything worked out.
It's a great way to thank those who helped you.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.

White Rodgers 11C30-3

HotanCoolHotanCool Posts: 13Member
Obsolete,no helpful pdfs. Can anyone fully explain the dials. Both low&high have a silver pointed dial on top of the black temp adjustment. I've Always been a little baffled by it. Is it a stop? A differential? It can set apart from where the actual temp is set to,but what's its actual purpose?

Comments

• HVACNUTHVACNUT Posts: 1,909Member
    Is that a dual aquastat?
    Pics?
  • HotanCoolHotanCool Posts: 13Member
    The lo limit had a silver dial, seperate from the actual temp setting indicator. High limit has a gold one. Seen a lot of these,never knew why exactly.
  • unclejohnunclejohn Posts: 1,356Member
    Looks like it is set for 170* on and 190* off.
  • HVACNUTHVACNUT Posts: 1,909Member
    They are differential settings.

If your not using a tankless coil there's much better, shall we say system friendly aquastats. In a lot of ways.
    What provides domestic hot water?
    It's an old boiler,heat only. I've seen a lot them controls in my day. Just curious about the two indicators together on the right side dial,how they work together. Never did look much into it before,but I was just curious. I figured some sort of differential. And yes,agree,much better replacements today.
    So can you explain how the differential is set with these dials?