Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Taco 007-F5 Wiring Mystery

Options
Steamback
Steamback Member Posts: 37
I admit I'm having trouble finding online a simple wiring diagram for what I should see inside a Taco 007-F5. I also have a bit of a mystery and I'm hoping someone can shed a little light.

This pump was working correctly. I'm almost positive power was disconnected when the cover was removed. When the cover was removed, I noticed the spade terminal end of the red wire slightly stuck to the back wall of the enclosure where you'll see a scorch mark. You'll even see the imprint of the spade terminal end in the scorch mark. It was very loosely attached to the back wall and popped-off fairly easily.

I see 2 empty slots in a connection bar on the pump and I'm assuming the spade terminal end of the red wire was supposed to be in one of those 2 slots?

I guess my main question is, how is this pump supposed to be wired? I can't find the basic diagram online. Connecting just hot and neutral without the red wire will not make the pump run.

Thanks in advance. Pics attached.

Comments

• SteveSan
    SteveSan Member Posts: 234
    Options
    The red connector is supposed to be in the middle slot going to the winding's. Also noticed in another picture you have the red flat gaskets. The 007-007RP gaskets that came with the pump should be the only flange gaskets installed. You can always call into Taco Tech Support Mon-Fri 8am-5pm EST. I am not in the office tomorrow but anyone of our Techs should be able to help you. Steve
    Joe Mattiello
  • HVACNUT
    HVACNUT Member Posts: 5,835
    Options
    The yellow/green is hot.
    You have hot wired directly to the capacitor. Not good.
    And where's the neutral for the circ?
    Get a new cartridge.
  • Steamback
    Steamback Member Posts: 37
    Options
    Thanks for the help SteveSan and HVACNUT - got the pump running. This was one item in a long list of things done to get someone else's solar hot water install working correctly. The good news is it started to bring down heat from the roof today for the very first time since being installed a year ago...