Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Weil-McClain HEII Intermittently not working

Obriz
Obriz Member Posts: 5
So my Weil-McClain HEII has been mostly working, but once in awhile it will not. When it's not working, the power and flame lights flash. On restart, the ignitor will come on for a few seconds, but then I hear a click and it shuts down. After two more similar cycles it goes into lockout, until the lockout timer has expired and it starts the cycle again.

This morning was one of the time it wasn't working. I had a spare ignitor and replaced it. After replacing it, it worked fine all day, until late this evening and it's doing the same thing again.

Instead of throwing random parts at it, I figured I would turn here for some troubleshooting.

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• HVACNUT
    HVACNUT Member Posts: 5,804
    If you have an electrical meter, see if theres 24v to the gas valve.
    Got gas?
    If it made it as far as trial for ignition, it's a good bet its either the gas valve or the Honeywell module.
    The boiler should be maintained and tested for combustion annually
  • Obriz
    Obriz Member Posts: 5
    Thanks for the information.

So this morning I vacuumed everything out. Took the burners out and cleaned them out good and the boiler fired right up. It's been a couple years, so there was some good soot in there.

If it goes out again I'll check the voltage at the gas valve. I assume if the valve is getting voltage, but not working, then the valve is bad?